A complete sense of well-being physical, mental , emotional and spiritual is Health and if a positive energetic dispensation is produced inside us in order to facilitate our functions in this world with joy and satisfaction we can say we are harboring Basic Health.
WHAT IS IMMUNE SYSTEM
The Immune System is a system that is made up from different interdependent cells.
These cells collectively protect the body from different infections that are bacterial parasitic fungal or viral and sometimes they protect from the growth of Tumor Cells.
TYPES OF IMMUNITY
- Adaptive Immunity
FUNCTIONS OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
PATHOGENS – Disease producing microorganisms eg. Bacteria, Viruses, Parasites.
ALLERGENS – Substances that produce allergic reactions eg. Pollen, Dust, Animal Dander.
TOXINS – Poisonous or harmful substances eg. Venom.
- MALIGNANT CELLS – Potentially life-threatening Cancer cells.
ORGANS OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Bone marrow
- Peyer's patches
- Bronchus associated lymphoid tissue
- Axillary lymph nodes
- Inguinal lymph nodes
- IMMUNE SYSTEM - Cells, Tissues, and Molecules that mediate resistance to infections
- IMMUNOLOGY - Study of structure and function of the immune system
- IMMUNITY - Resistance of a host to Pathogens and their Toxic effects
- IMMUNE RESPONSE - Collective and coordinated response to the introduction of foreign substances in an individual mediated by the cells and molecules of the immune system
Non Specific Defense – It is a general response that targets any pathogen or foreign body includes the use of the skin, White Blood Cells, and Macrophages.
Specific Defense – It is a targeted response to one specific pathogen. Includes the use of Anti Bodies, T-Cells and Macrophages. The specific defense also leads to the creation of memory cells.